Cube2 is our revolutionary digitally transmitted wireless acquisition system for freely moving untethered subjects. Cube2 provides 64 to 128 configurable channels of wide bandwidth wireless neural recording and real-time signal processing.
Very flat frequency response extends from 0.1 Hz to 8 kHz to accurately record both low-frequency Alpha and Theta oscillations, and high-frequency Single Unit Action Potential acquisition.
Multiple Cube2 devices can communicate simultaneously with a single Digital Lynx SX/Cheetah system for reliable wireless transmissions up to 10 meters, depending on environment.
Cube2 utilizes a customizable & separate Analog Front End (AFE) interface that allows it to be easily adapted to many different configurations - enabling user to optimize weight distribution, record from multiple implant sites, and readily adapt to varying channel counts.
Cube2 technology supports the rapid development by Neuralynx of new AFEs to easily configure your specific multi-site implant requirements. Animal physiology sensors may also be incorporated with this technology.
Cube2 may be placed in a “backpack” to reduce the weight load on the subject’s head and neck.
Cube2 User Manual
Cube2 64 Channel System Package - ideal for use with medium-sized rodents
Cube Battery – 3 battery sizes: small (~ 30 minutes), medium (~ 1.5 hour) and large (~ 3 hours). Custom battery options also available.
Cube Charger – Conveniently charges Cube2 batteries, indicating charging status via colored LED’s. Charger options: Low Current and High Current
Charging Hub & Cable - 5-Port Charging Hub with 150cm cable
Cube Power Tether – Allows continued use of Cube2 for recording setup without use of battery
Cube Power Stick – Turns Cube2 “On/Off” via magnetic control switch. Infrared remote power control turns Cube2 on - ideal for sleep studies
Cube Electrode Interface Boards (EIBs): Cube EIB-72-QC-Large and Cube EIB-72-QC-Small. Provide microwire connections to Cube2 with QuickClip® connectors. Mounts directly on a Halo-18 Microdrive. Mounting tabs allow for a more secure connection between the EIB and Cube2.
Video Tracking LEDs – omni-directional LEDs for tracking animal head location and direction:
Cube Simulation Training Weights – Used to train subjects prior to running experiments with Cube2 system, this is a Cube2 mass model, representing approximate size, weight & balance of Cube2
Cube Signal Mouse - Simulates a live subject by sending an individual signal to all headstage channels for testing purposes.
Cube Protective Cover – Prevents NHP subjects from accessing or damaging Cube2. “On/Off” switch may be toggled using Cube Power Stick while Cube Protective Cover is in place. Customized for specific application.
Designed for social interaction and complex maze studies, multiple Cube2 devices can communicate simultaneously with a single Digital Lynx SX/Cheetah system.
- Configurable channel capacity: 64 to 128 channels, in 32 channel increments
- Frequency range: 0.1 Hz to 8 kHz from each electrode
- 30 kHz, 16 bit data acquisition
- 9 axis accelerometer data option
- Reliable, up to 10 meter wireless transmission - regardless of subject’s movements or orientation
- Battery-powered operation: 30 minutes to 8+ hours
- Connect multiple Cube2 devices simultaneously to a single Digital Lynx SX system
- Configurable analog front end electronics (AFEs) for multi-site implants
- Custom options: GPS & cellular radio operation, ideal for birds
- Video Tracking LEDs
- Easy upgrade for existing Digital Lynx SX systems
Current System Adaptability:
Digital Lynx SX upgrade for connection to receiver unit
Digital Lynx SX direct connection allows for:
- Simultaneous recording of both wireless & wired data
- Utilization of real-time signal processing by SX & HPP processors
Hardware Compatibility: 100% Digital Lynx SX hardware
Software Compatibility: Cheetah Software, NetCom applications
Multiple QuickClip® Cube EIB connection options for easy, low profile mount
- Configurable up to 256 channels
- record to Micro SD memory cards
- SAT2 - small animal telemetry / 16 & 32 channel